For a comprehensive list of City employee benefits, wellness and rewards, please visit the Total Rewards website for the latest information.
On the date you are hired, you will become eligible for:
- BCBST (Blue Cross/Blue Shield TN)
- BLUE Health Rewards
Dental Insurance Options (Individual & Family)
- Met Life – City of Memphis plan
- Lincoln Dental Connect – Memphis Police Association plan
Vision Coverage Options (Individual & Family)
- BCBST Vision – City of Memphis plan
- Davis Vision – Memphis Police Association plan
Employee/Retiree Wellness Clinic
- Zero cost medication and medical services offered to all City of Memphis employees, retirees, and their family members who have City of Memphis health benefits. The City of Memphis forged a partnership with Blue Cross/Blue Shield and BMG (Baptist Medical Group) to provide these quality services and to reduce employees’ overall healthcare cost.
- Zero cost service you can connect to with a board certified doctor via secure video chat or phone.
- Physician Now
Life Insurance – Contributory and Voluntary Coverage
- Lincoln Insurance and/or the Memphis Police Association Life Insurance Plan.
No-cost Death Benefit Coverage
- The City of Memphis offers a $10,000 death benefit to all regular full-time and retired employees at no-cost.
- The City of Memphis offers a $250,000 “line of duty” death benefit to officers at no-cost.
FSA (Flexible Spending Account) / HRA (Health Reimbursement Arrangement)
- Healthcare Account – Visa Card
Long Term and Short Term Disability Plans
- You may retire after 25 years of service with the Memphis Police Department.
- City of Memphis Hybrid Pension Plan – combined benefits of a traditional defined retirement benefit plan with the benefits of a defined contribution plan.
- The City of Memphis Hybrid Pension Plan is a market based cash balance plan and a 401(a) defined contribution plan, designed as an opportunity to earn more money for retirement.
- Mass Mutual
Deferred Compensation / 457(b) Plan
- Mass Mutual
- The deferred compensation plan is a supplemental retirement plan that allows employees to save money on tax-deferred basis.
- An optional employee tax deferred retirement savings plan that can voluntarily be added to the Hybrid Pension balance to increase the amount of the guaranteed lifetime monthly annuity the employee will receive.